- kroep on ArubaOS-Switch 16.02: unsupported transceiver option
- What will happen when the administrator attempts to use In-Service Software Upgrade (ISSU) for this upgrade? - Exam HP0-Y47 at ExamsDB on Comware5 ISSU: Compatible
- How can the administrator correct the issue? - Exam HP0-Y47 at ExamsDB on Provision support for IRF MAD LACP Split brain detection
- Ryan on Comware link-aggregation: LACP edge-port
Top Posts & Pages
- Comware link-aggregation: LACP edge-port
- ArubaOS-Switch 16.02: unsupported transceiver option
- Change switch branding from H3C to HP
- HP Comware Simulator 7.1.50 released for public !
- Device LLDP PVID mismatch
- Simware 7.1.59 download available for all users
- Comware7 Radius based RBAC user-role assignment
- ArubaOS-Switch 16.01 - Device profile for Aruba AP
- Comware7 IRF MAD LACP : New selection method !
- Provision support for IRF MAD LACP Split brain detection
- 332,661 hits
Author Archives: Peter Debruyne
This is a feature that seems to exist already for a while in Comware 7 (it works even in Simware, which is pretty old by now), but I just discovered it recently: IP unnumbered interfaces on Ethernet with OSPF point-to-point … Continue reading
Several access devices, such as APs and IP Phones, support LLDP and that is very convenient for discovery and troubleshooting. However, these devices may include the locally configured PVID (the untagged VLAN) in their outgoing LLDP frames. This may result … Continue reading
In the old days it was quite common to schedule a device reboot e.g. 5 min ahead when ‘tricky’ remote device changes had to be performed over an in-band connection such as SSH/telnet. In case the config changes provided the … Continue reading
The 16.02 release for the ArubaOS-Switch (Provision) wired switches includes a welcome ‘new’ feature to enable the use of unsupported transceivers.
When deploying a wireless network, the network admin still needs to configure the wired network switch ports for the Access Point connections. The device profile feature in ArubaOS-Switch simplifies this action.
When configuring a Fibre Channel storage environment, there are basically 2 parts in the configuration:
I attended the Aruba Mobility Bootcamp and the Clearpass Essentials training in January. Both courses (MBC and CPE) provide a solid overview and introduction of the Aruba Controller feature set and the Clearpass Policy Manager (RADIUS, TACACS, Guest, BYOD and … Continue reading
It has been a while since new content has been posted, mainly due to time constraints/other priorities, but I’ll try to make it up in the next weeks!
HP has released version E0321 for the Virtual Services Router (VSR) platform. This is a major new release, which includes some very cool new features, such as IRF for the virtual platform.
HP has released the 6127XLG blade switch for the C7000 blade enclosure. This Comware7 based switch is the big brother of the 6125XLG, so while the 6125XLG supported 10G server access, the 6127XLG includes support for the 20G server access … Continue reading
I recently discovered that the Comware auto-configuration feature also supports Python scripts. In the traditional auto configuration setup, a TFTP server and TFTP boot filename are used to deploy a (basic initial) configuration to the network devices.
HP has released an updated version of the Comware simulator Simware, no license or registration is required to use this tool.
On the 5900 platform, any change in the interface queue configuration had to be configured at the interface level. When a network administrator wants to use FCoE, the interface queue configuration is used by DCBX to configure the server CNA … Continue reading
5900 and 5930 have now updated firmware: R2416. This is a major new release for both platforms. Take a look at the release notes, since there are many enhancements for both platforms. 5900: https://h10145.www1.hp.com/downloads/SoftwareReleases.aspx?ProductNumber=JC772A&lang=&cc=&prodSeriesId= 5930: https://h10145.www1.hp.com/downloads/SoftwareReleases.aspx?ProductNumber=JG726A&lang=&cc=&prodSeriesId= For the 5900, this … Continue reading