Top Posts & Pages
- Comware link-aggregation: LACP edge-port
- Device LLDP PVID mismatch
- ArubaOS-Switch 16.02: unsupported transceiver option
- Simware 7.1.59 download available for all users
- Comware7 Radius based RBAC user-role assignment
- HP Comware Simulator 7.1.50 released for public !
- ArubaOS-Switch 16.01 - Device profile for Aruba AP
- Comware 7: QOS Queue Management Profile qmprofile enhancement
- Comware config autodeploy
- IMC Operator authentication with LDAP over SSL
- 410,359 hits
Tag Archives: irf
HP has released version E0321 for the Virtual Services Router (VSR) platform. This is a major new release, which includes some very cool new features, such as IRF for the virtual platform.
HP has released the 6127XLG blade switch for the C7000 blade enclosure. This Comware7 based switch is the big brother of the 6125XLG, so while the 6125XLG supported 10G server access, the 6127XLG includes support for the 20G server access … Continue reading
5900 and 5930 have now updated firmware: R2416. This is a major new release for both platforms. Take a look at the release notes, since there are many enhancements for both platforms. 5900: https://h10145.www1.hp.com/downloads/SoftwareReleases.aspx?ProductNumber=JC772A&lang=&cc=&prodSeriesId= 5930: https://h10145.www1.hp.com/downloads/SoftwareReleases.aspx?ProductNumber=JG726A&lang=&cc=&prodSeriesId= For the 5900, this … Continue reading
IRF is used on Comware switches (and some routers as well now) to virtualize 2 or more devices as 1 virtual device. This is a very convenient way to simplify the network setup and management. Although IRF is very easy … Continue reading
HP Comware switches have had IRF (Intelligent Resilient Framework) for years, and it was the basis of more simplified network topologies. Now it seems HP is preparing a next-generation of IRF !
5900CP: a 5900 with Converged Ports It took some time, but here it is : the 5900CP, a converged FC/FCoE datacenter switch.
Most people working with IRF will be aware of the MAD (Multiple Active (Master) Detection) process. In this article we will review the operation of MAD LACP on Comware5 and the changes in the implementation for Comware7 devices.