- kroep on ArubaOS-Switch 16.02: unsupported transceiver option
- What will happen when the administrator attempts to use In-Service Software Upgrade (ISSU) for this upgrade? - Exam HP0-Y47 at ExamsDB on Comware5 ISSU: Compatible
- How can the administrator correct the issue? - Exam HP0-Y47 at ExamsDB on Provision support for IRF MAD LACP Split brain detection
- Ryan on Comware link-aggregation: LACP edge-port
Top Posts & Pages
- Comware link-aggregation: LACP edge-port
- ArubaOS-Switch 16.02: unsupported transceiver option
- Comware7 Radius based RBAC user-role assignment
- Device LLDP PVID mismatch
- ArubaOS-Switch 16.01 - Device profile for Aruba AP
- Comware7 IRF MAD LACP : New selection method !
- Comware IRF: L2 MAC Address roaming
- Comware7: MAD BFD support on Management Ethernet port
- Comware7: Routed port ACL packet-filter applies to switched traffic
- 5900/5930 R2416 Released!
- 342,773 hits
Tag Archives: comware7
This is a feature that seems to exist already for a while in Comware 7 (it works even in Simware, which is pretty old by now), but I just discovered it recently: IP unnumbered interfaces on Ethernet with OSPF point-to-point … Continue reading
Several access devices, such as APs and IP Phones, support LLDP and that is very convenient for discovery and troubleshooting. However, these devices may include the locally configured PVID (the untagged VLAN) in their outgoing LLDP frames. This may result … Continue reading
When configuring a Fibre Channel storage environment, there are basically 2 parts in the configuration:
HP has released version E0321 for the Virtual Services Router (VSR) platform. This is a major new release, which includes some very cool new features, such as IRF for the virtual platform.
HP has released the 6127XLG blade switch for the C7000 blade enclosure. This Comware7 based switch is the big brother of the 6125XLG, so while the 6125XLG supported 10G server access, the 6127XLG includes support for the 20G server access … Continue reading
I recently discovered that the Comware auto-configuration feature also supports Python scripts. In the traditional auto configuration setup, a TFTP server and TFTP boot filename are used to deploy a (basic initial) configuration to the network devices.
HP has released an updated version of the Comware simulator Simware, no license or registration is required to use this tool.
On the 5900 platform, any change in the interface queue configuration had to be configured at the interface level. When a network administrator wants to use FCoE, the interface queue configuration is used by DCBX to configure the server CNA … Continue reading
5900 and 5930 have now updated firmware: R2416. This is a major new release for both platforms. Take a look at the release notes, since there are many enhancements for both platforms. 5900: https://h10145.www1.hp.com/downloads/SoftwareReleases.aspx?ProductNumber=JC772A&lang=&cc=&prodSeriesId= 5930: https://h10145.www1.hp.com/downloads/SoftwareReleases.aspx?ProductNumber=JG726A&lang=&cc=&prodSeriesId= For the 5900, this … Continue reading
Multiple-Active Detection (MAD) is used to detect a split brain in an IRF system. When the MAD BFD method is used, a dedicated Layer3 VLAN interface needs to be configured for the MAD BFD operation. This VLAN should be directly … Continue reading
There is a tricky “new” behavior in Comware7 Layer3 VLAN ACL processing: the applied ACL does not only filter the inter-vlan routed traffic (as would be expected), but it is applied to intra-vlan switched traffic as well by default. This … Continue reading
The HP 6125XLG is a Comware 7 based blade interconnect switch which has full support for FCoE. I found this technical whitepaper with a sample FCoE NPV mode configuration, it is shown with uplinks to an existing Nexus 5500/6000 FCoE … Continue reading
In this post an overview of the integration of the IMC TAM module with an Active Directory LDAP Server. The goal of this configuration is to ensure members of a specific Active Directory group (for example g_networkadmins) are granted a … Continue reading